e have entered the era of Snooki-gate. Appearing on "The View" yesterday, the president claimed unfamiliarity with the diminutive "Jersey Shore" star while being grilled on pop trivia by host Joy Behar, saying sheepishly, "I gotta admit, I don't know who Snooki is." But, last May at the White House Press Correspondents Dinner, Obama seemed well-briefed on Snooki, joking about a special provision in the health care bill's that would exempt her from the "tanning tax." Was Obama feigning elitist ignorance on "The View," or he just reading his lines at the correspondents dinner? "America demands an answer," says Maureen O'Connor in Gawker. "Clearly, this is the Watergate of our time." "I await the naming of a special prosecutor," quips James Poniewozik in Time. Watch the respective videos below:
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Radiant orchid: How Pantone picks its color of the year
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- The hotel of enlightenment
Subscribe to the Week