The fight against the "Ground Zero Mosque" now has its own theme song. Written by Grammy Award-winning producer Trade Martin, "We've Got To Stop The Mosque At Ground Zero" is a country-tinged tune which brands the planned construction of the Islamic community center a "mockery" of 9/11 and a "slap in the face" to families of those who died in the attacks. "Regardless of your views on the proposed Muslim community center near Ground Zero," says Jocelyn Rousey in Mediaite, one listen to this will convince you that "protesting via awful country songs is probably not the answer." I'm not sure I agree, says John Del Signore in Gothamist. The "slapping sound effect" as the singer delivers the "slap in the face" line is certainly "an inspired touch." Watch the music video below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week