he fight against the "Ground Zero Mosque" now has its own theme song. Written by Grammy Award-winning producer Trade Martin, "We've Got To Stop The Mosque At Ground Zero" is a country-tinged tune which brands the planned construction of the Islamic community center a "mockery" of 9/11 and a "slap in the face" to families of those who died in the attacks. "Regardless of your views on the proposed Muslim community center near Ground Zero," says Jocelyn Rousey in Mediaite, one listen to this will convince you that "protesting via awful country songs is probably not the answer." I'm not sure I agree, says John Del Signore in Gothamist. The "slapping sound effect" as the singer delivers the "slap in the face" line is certainly "an inspired touch." Watch the music video below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week