The fight against the "Ground Zero Mosque" now has its own theme song. Written by Grammy Award-winning producer Trade Martin, "We've Got To Stop The Mosque At Ground Zero" is a country-tinged tune which brands the planned construction of the Islamic community center a "mockery" of 9/11 and a "slap in the face" to families of those who died in the attacks. "Regardless of your views on the proposed Muslim community center near Ground Zero," says Jocelyn Rousey in Mediaite, one listen to this will convince you that "protesting via awful country songs is probably not the answer." I'm not sure I agree, says John Del Signore in Gothamist. The "slapping sound effect" as the singer delivers the "slap in the face" line is certainly "an inspired touch." Watch the music video below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week