The fight against the "Ground Zero Mosque" now has its own theme song. Written by Grammy Award-winning producer Trade Martin, "We've Got To Stop The Mosque At Ground Zero" is a country-tinged tune which brands the planned construction of the Islamic community center a "mockery" of 9/11 and a "slap in the face" to families of those who died in the attacks. "Regardless of your views on the proposed Muslim community center near Ground Zero," says Jocelyn Rousey in Mediaite, one listen to this will convince you that "protesting via awful country songs is probably not the answer." I'm not sure I agree, says John Del Signore in Gothamist. The "slapping sound effect" as the singer delivers the "slap in the face" line is certainly "an inspired touch." Watch the music video below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week