The fight against the "Ground Zero Mosque" now has its own theme song. Written by Grammy Award-winning producer Trade Martin, "We've Got To Stop The Mosque At Ground Zero" is a country-tinged tune which brands the planned construction of the Islamic community center a "mockery" of 9/11 and a "slap in the face" to families of those who died in the attacks. "Regardless of your views on the proposed Muslim community center near Ground Zero," says Jocelyn Rousey in Mediaite, one listen to this will convince you that "protesting via awful country songs is probably not the answer." I'm not sure I agree, says John Del Signore in Gothamist. The "slapping sound effect" as the singer delivers the "slap in the face" line is certainly "an inspired touch." Watch the music video below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
Subscribe to the Week