yra Banks has issued an apology over a trailer for the new season of "America's Next Top Model" featuring an aspiring model with an alarmingly thin frame. In the clip, Banks and her fellow judges fawn over the girl. "There's something about her that I like!" Banks squeals. The outcry that followed prompted Banks to explain in People that the clip had been edited without her oversight. The sound bite "sounded like I was supporting unhealthy eating habits," she says. "I am and will always be committed to promoting healthy body image." But so what if Banks sincerely liked Ann's body, says Ashley Bond in Chicago Now. "All sizes means thin women" as well as larger women. At the very least, says Amy Odell at New York Magazine, we now know that Banks will stick with a project, even "when the internet makes a negative fuss." Watch the controversial promo below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week