Tyra Banks has issued an apology over a trailer for the new season of "America's Next Top Model" featuring an aspiring model with an alarmingly thin frame. In the clip, Banks and her fellow judges fawn over the girl. "There's something about her that I like!" Banks squeals. The outcry that followed prompted Banks to explain in People that the clip had been edited without her oversight. The sound bite "sounded like I was supporting unhealthy eating habits," she says. "I am and will always be committed to promoting healthy body image." But so what if Banks sincerely liked Ann's body, says Ashley Bond in Chicago Now. "All sizes means thin women" as well as larger women. At the very least, says Amy Odell at New York Magazine, we now know that Banks will stick with a project, even "when the internet makes a negative fuss." Watch the controversial promo below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week