The video: A week after attacking actress Jennifer Aniston for her comments on single-motherhood, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly found time to slam teen-pop sensation Justin Bieber for his recent Elle magazine photo shoot with 29-year-old reality-TV star Kim Kardashian. The shots, inspired by the 1967 film The Graduate, are entirely "inappropriate," fumed O'Reilly. When I was Bieber's age, "I didn't want to hang around with Kim Kardashian. I had a baseball bat and a ball and [a pair of] ice skates!" He added that, "if a 16-year-old girl was pictured with a 29-year-old man... he'd be in big trouble."
The reaction: Call me crazy, says Bruna Nessif in Entertainment Weekly, but I doubt "many 16-year-old boys" would mind being in a photo shoot with Kim Kardashian. Perhaps not, says the Daily Mail. But, in terms of the hypothetical gender reversal, "Mr Angry may have a point." Watch the clip below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week