he video: Sandra Bullock's first television interview since she split with her notoriously adulterous husband, Jesse James, was anything but salacious. Conspicuously avoiding any mention of the scandal, the "Today" show's Matt Lauer queried Bullock on her charitable work in New Orleans and her recent adoption of her 8-month-old son, Louis (my "little Cajun cookie"). The adoption "was a long process," she told Lauer. "I did not circumvent. I wanted to do everything exactly the same way everyone else did... [I]t was nice to have someone say, I think you're a fit parent." She then credited her friends and family for keeping the adoption a secret until it was finalized.
The reaction: I'm giving this interview "a D" grade, says Verne Gay in Newsday. Though Bullock hinted that her privacy had been "thwarted by friends," Lauer asked nothing "about her recent travails. Nothing." Like so many Bullock interviews before it, says blogger Wendy at PopCrunch, this interview once again proves that the Academy-Award-winning actress "is always classy, well-spoken and funny." Watch for yourself:
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
Subscribe to the Week