Bush tax cuts: A 'hostage' deal?
Obama accused Republicans of holding middle class tax cuts "hostage" to their preferred extension of renewed cuts for the wealthy. Is the GOP ready to deal?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week