Bush tax cuts: A 'hostage' deal?
Obama accused Republicans of holding middle class tax cuts "hostage" to their preferred extension of renewed cuts for the wealthy. Is the GOP ready to deal?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week