The video: After revealing the name of her highly anticipated new album, "Born This Way," at the MTV Video Music Awards, Lady Gaga is now revealing how "relieved" that revelation left her. "I'm like living in my new album and the least I could do was freaking tell you all the title," Gaga told screaming fans at a Philadelphia concert. "I have never worked so hard on anything my whole life. I wanna go to sleep just thinking about it." The album will "change the world," Gaga has told RWD Magazine, and she gave the Philly crowd a taste by performing a ballad titled "You and I", which she calls the anthem for her generation.
The reaction: "Lady Gaga is clearly not suffering from low self-esteem, says MusicFix, but why would she be? She just won eight VMA moon men, including Video Of The Year. "Whoa, pretty big statements Gaga... let's hope the album is as well-received as you think it will be," warns Orange UK, noting that the pop star has acknowledged her arrogance and asked fans to let her be "confident." Watch Gaga perform "You and I" in Philly:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week