|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Gov. since '07; former U.S. Rep;
|Investment banker, former U.S. Rep.;
|Campaign Chest:||$6.2 million
|Key Quote:||"My opponent worked on Wall Street while I was here in Ohio fighting to create jobs."||
"Our government is too clunky, too old, too tired, too big."
|Petty Controversy:||Prisoners in a work-inmate program used his home as a waystation for smuggling contraband
||Ripped for earning $50,000 a year to lecture four hours a month at Ohio State University
|Wild card:||Kasich has been out of Congress since 2000, making him difficult to associate with unpopular elements of Bush's legacy
|Dueling Ads:||"Truth": Strickland argues that "Kasich and Wall Street" financially benefited by outsourcing jobs from Ohio
||"Record": Kasich denies he was a Wall Street bigwig and says Ohio has lost 400k jobs under Strickland leadership
Ted Strickland's "Truth":
John Kasich's "Record":
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
- Can the budget deal survive a divided Congress?
Subscribe to the Week