he video: Levi Johnson, father to Tripp Palin and occasional nemesis to Sarah Palin, has drawn national attention by starring in a music video that seems to poke fun at his very public difficulties with Alaska's former first family. In the video — "After Love" by little-known pop singer Brittani Senser — Johnson's character faces off against the overbearing and disapproving mother of his girlfriend. In August, former fiancee Bristol Palin told People that Levi's work on the video, which she considered a jab at her family, was the "last straw" in their most recent breakup.
The reaction: Oh c'mon, says Simon Vozick-Levinson in Entertainment Weekly. This is just "another boring, generic music video...None of this has anything to do with the Palins." Whatever its intent, Senser's video is "just an embarrassment," says Brian Moylan at Gawker. See for yourself:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week