|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Three-term incumbent;
|Fmr state legislator;
|Campaign Chest:||$3.2 million
|Key Quote:||"The health system we had in place wasn't working for anyone."||
"She's never had a private-sector job in her adult life."
|Petty Controversy:||Enraged Alabamans by suggesting that relatively few things are built or manufactured in that state
||Ripped the stimulus package, then toured a shipyard that had added dozens of job after getting stimulus funds
|Wild card:||Rossi enjoys statewide name recognition many challengers can't touch — in 2004, he lost the governor's race by 133 votes, following two recounts.
|Dueling Ads:||"Gambling": This Murray ad accuses Rossi, part-owner of a bank, of siding with Wall Street against the interests of the middle class
||"Which One?": This Rossi ad says that Murray cares more about the Reid-Pelosi agenda than helping Washington state
Patty Murray's "Gambling":
Dino Rossi's "Which One?":
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
Did God have a wife?
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
- 'Mexican Barbie' and 10 other controversial Barbies [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week