|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Governor of W.V. since 2005;
|Steel and radio magnate;
|Key Quote:||"Obama has never invited me to the Oval Office."||
"If you want an Obama rubber stamp, Manchin is your guy."
|Petty Controversy:||Daughter awarded West Virginia University MBA despite lack of required courses
||Sought "hicky" (i.e. resembling hicks) out-of-state actors for campaign commercial
|Wild card:||West Virginia has not elected a Republican senator since 1958
|Dueling Ads:||"Priorities": This Manchin ad is framed around a clip of Raese saying he's in the business of making money, not creating jobs
||"Rubber Stamp": This Raese spot suggests his opponent would side with Obama and vote for imposing a carbon tax on coal
Joe Manchin's "Priorities":
John Raese's "Rubber Stamp":
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Is it possible to live forever?
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
Subscribe to the Week