Race of the day: Alan Grayson vs. Daniel Webster for Congress (FL-08)
Provocative liberal congressman Alan Grayson faces a tough fight in his Orlando district against conservative Christian Daniel Webster
|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||One-term incumbent;
|Former state senator;
|Campaign Chest:||$1.4 million
|Key Quote:||"Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick."||
"I'm taking the high road."
|Petty Controversy:||Called a female Fed advisor a "K Street whore" during an interview on a conspiracy-oriented radio show
||Used a state party credit card to charge nearly $10,000 at Tallahassee restaurants
|Wild card:||Grayson's many incendiary statements have made him a high-profile target for national Republicans
|Dueling Ads:||"Taliban Dan": This Grayson ad charges that Webster is a "radical fundamentalist" who wants to take away womens' basic rights
||"Sandy Speaks": In this spot, Webster's wife Sandy attests to his love and devotion to his family and promises he'll change D.C.
Alan Grayson's "Taliban Dan":
Daniel Webster's "Sandy Speaks":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week