Race of the day: Alan Grayson vs. Daniel Webster for Congress (FL-08)
Provocative liberal congressman Alan Grayson faces a tough fight in his Orlando district against conservative Christian Daniel Webster
|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||One-term incumbent;
|Former state senator;
|Campaign Chest:||$1.4 million
|Key Quote:||"Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick."||
"I'm taking the high road."
|Petty Controversy:||Called a female Fed advisor a "K Street whore" during an interview on a conspiracy-oriented radio show
||Used a state party credit card to charge nearly $10,000 at Tallahassee restaurants
|Wild card:||Grayson's many incendiary statements have made him a high-profile target for national Republicans
|Dueling Ads:||"Taliban Dan": This Grayson ad charges that Webster is a "radical fundamentalist" who wants to take away womens' basic rights
||"Sandy Speaks": In this spot, Webster's wife Sandy attests to his love and devotion to his family and promises he'll change D.C.
Alan Grayson's "Taliban Dan":
Daniel Webster's "Sandy Speaks":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week