|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Physician, professor
|Two-term incumbent, CA-03
|Campaign Chest:||$1.1 million
"Lungren is looking out for himself. He's looking out for the folks who line his pockets."
"Every commercial he's done, everything that he's done, has been a personal attack."
|Petty Controversy:||Returned campaign donation from Hamas-linked group
||Was pulled over for speeding during a live radio interview
|Wild card:||Historically conservative, California's 3rd district — which includes Sacramento's eastern suburbs — has been trending left in recent years
|Dueling Ads:||"Shirt": In this ad, Bera accuses Lungren of skirting ethics laws in order to take a lobbyist-funded vacation in Hawaii
||"Pelosi": Lungren says that Bera is a "Pelosi clone" who favors a "nanny state"
Ami Bera's "Shirt":
Dan Lungren's "Pelosi":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week