|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Physician, professor
|Two-term incumbent, CA-03
|Campaign Chest:||$1.1 million
"Lungren is looking out for himself. He's looking out for the folks who line his pockets."
"Every commercial he's done, everything that he's done, has been a personal attack."
|Petty Controversy:||Returned campaign donation from Hamas-linked group
||Was pulled over for speeding during a live radio interview
|Wild card:||Historically conservative, California's 3rd district — which includes Sacramento's eastern suburbs — has been trending left in recent years
|Dueling Ads:||"Shirt": In this ad, Bera accuses Lungren of skirting ethics laws in order to take a lobbyist-funded vacation in Hawaii
||"Pelosi": Lungren says that Bera is a "Pelosi clone" who favors a "nanny state"
Ami Bera's "Shirt":
Dan Lungren's "Pelosi":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week