|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Physician, professor
|Two-term incumbent, CA-03
|Campaign Chest:||$1.1 million
"Lungren is looking out for himself. He's looking out for the folks who line his pockets."
"Every commercial he's done, everything that he's done, has been a personal attack."
|Petty Controversy:||Returned campaign donation from Hamas-linked group
||Was pulled over for speeding during a live radio interview
|Wild card:||Historically conservative, California's 3rd district — which includes Sacramento's eastern suburbs — has been trending left in recent years
|Dueling Ads:||"Shirt": In this ad, Bera accuses Lungren of skirting ethics laws in order to take a lobbyist-funded vacation in Hawaii
||"Pelosi": Lungren says that Bera is a "Pelosi clone" who favors a "nanny state"
Ami Bera's "Shirt":
Dan Lungren's "Pelosi":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week