|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Physician, professor
|Two-term incumbent, CA-03
|Campaign Chest:||$1.1 million
"Lungren is looking out for himself. He's looking out for the folks who line his pockets."
"Every commercial he's done, everything that he's done, has been a personal attack."
|Petty Controversy:||Returned campaign donation from Hamas-linked group
||Was pulled over for speeding during a live radio interview
|Wild card:||Historically conservative, California's 3rd district — which includes Sacramento's eastern suburbs — has been trending left in recent years
|Dueling Ads:||"Shirt": In this ad, Bera accuses Lungren of skirting ethics laws in order to take a lobbyist-funded vacation in Hawaii
||"Pelosi": Lungren says that Bera is a "Pelosi clone" who favors a "nanny state"
Ami Bera's "Shirt":
Dan Lungren's "Pelosi":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week