|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||NY attorney general since 2007
|Buffalo, NY real-estate mogul
|Campaign Chest:||$19.9 million
|Key Quote||"Mr. Paladino has his own Tea Party; it's an extreme brew."||
"Has anybody asked Andrew Cuomo about his paramours?"
|Petty Controversy:||Drew flack for using phrase "shuck and jive" in reference to President Obama's '08 campaign
||Threatened to "take out" a journalist who, Paladino said, had photographers "stalking" the young daughter Paladino has with his former mistress
|Wild card:||Paladino drew national attention — and condemnation from a gay nephew — after he delivered a "homophobic" speech to Orthodox Jewish leaders.
|Dueling Ads:||"Takes On": In this ad, Cuomo accuses Paladino of benefitting from "questionable" tax breaks and insider deals
||"I'll stop the mosque": Paladino promises to block the development of the Park51 Islamic center near Ground Zero
Cuomo's "Takes On":
Paladino's "I'll Stop the Mosque":
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The secrets of happy families
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week