Race of the day: Dan Quayle's son for Congress?
The former veep's son, Ben, takes on a Democratic small businessman for the open seat in Arizona's 3rd district, covering Phoenix's northern suburbs
|Name & Party:||
Lawyer, small businessman
Lawyer, son of Dan Quayle
|Key Quote:||"No American should be denied a job in favor of an underpaid, illegal immigrant."||"Barack Obama is the worst president in history."
|Petty Controversy:||In 1999, was sued by a country-club employee for spreading rumor about a lesbian relationship
||Wrote off-color satire for a website called Dirty Scottsdale, allegedly under the name of a fictional porn star
|Wild card:||The latest poll showing heavily favored Quayle trailing Hulburd was sponsored by the liberal Daily Kos blog
|Dueling Ads:||"Compass": Hulburd takes Quayle to task for having a "broken" moral compass
||"Obama": Quayle's high-profile ad argues that he's capable of taking on Washington
Jon Hulburd's "Compass":
Ben Quayle's "Obama":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week