Race of the day: Dan Quayle's son for Congress?
The former veep's son, Ben, takes on a Democratic small businessman for the open seat in Arizona's 3rd district, covering Phoenix's northern suburbs
|Name & Party:||
Lawyer, small businessman
Lawyer, son of Dan Quayle
|Key Quote:||"No American should be denied a job in favor of an underpaid, illegal immigrant."||"Barack Obama is the worst president in history."
|Petty Controversy:||In 1999, was sued by a country-club employee for spreading rumor about a lesbian relationship
||Wrote off-color satire for a website called Dirty Scottsdale, allegedly under the name of a fictional porn star
|Wild card:||The latest poll showing heavily favored Quayle trailing Hulburd was sponsored by the liberal Daily Kos blog
|Dueling Ads:||"Compass": Hulburd takes Quayle to task for having a "broken" moral compass
||"Obama": Quayle's high-profile ad argues that he's capable of taking on Washington
Jon Hulburd's "Compass":
Ben Quayle's "Obama":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
Subscribe to the Week