Race of the day: Dan Quayle's son for Congress?
The former veep's son, Ben, takes on a Democratic small businessman for the open seat in Arizona's 3rd district, covering Phoenix's northern suburbs
|Name & Party:||
Lawyer, small businessman
Lawyer, son of Dan Quayle
|Key Quote:||"No American should be denied a job in favor of an underpaid, illegal immigrant."||"Barack Obama is the worst president in history."
|Petty Controversy:||In 1999, was sued by a country-club employee for spreading rumor about a lesbian relationship
||Wrote off-color satire for a website called Dirty Scottsdale, allegedly under the name of a fictional porn star
|Wild card:||The latest poll showing heavily favored Quayle trailing Hulburd was sponsored by the liberal Daily Kos blog
|Dueling Ads:||"Compass": Hulburd takes Quayle to task for having a "broken" moral compass
||"Obama": Quayle's high-profile ad argues that he's capable of taking on Washington
Jon Hulburd's "Compass":
Ben Quayle's "Obama":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week