Race of the day: Dan Quayle's son for Congress?
The former veep's son, Ben, takes on a Democratic small businessman for the open seat in Arizona's 3rd district, covering Phoenix's northern suburbs
|Name & Party:||
Lawyer, small businessman
Lawyer, son of Dan Quayle
|Key Quote:||"No American should be denied a job in favor of an underpaid, illegal immigrant."||"Barack Obama is the worst president in history."
|Petty Controversy:||In 1999, was sued by a country-club employee for spreading rumor about a lesbian relationship
||Wrote off-color satire for a website called Dirty Scottsdale, allegedly under the name of a fictional porn star
|Wild card:||The latest poll showing heavily favored Quayle trailing Hulburd was sponsored by the liberal Daily Kos blog
|Dueling Ads:||"Compass": Hulburd takes Quayle to task for having a "broken" moral compass
||"Obama": Quayle's high-profile ad argues that he's capable of taking on Washington
Jon Hulburd's "Compass":
Ben Quayle's "Obama":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week