Race of the day: Bachmann vs. Clark for Congress (MN-06)
Tea Party firebrand Michele Bachmann faces a tough challenge as she seeks a third term representing the northern suburbs of St. Paul
|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||State senator since 2006
|Two-term incumbent, MN-06
|Key Quote||"'No' is not an agenda. What is Bachmann actually for?"||
"Now we have moved into the realm of gangster government."
|Petty Controversy:||Used bleeped-out swear word in campaign ad, drawing criticism
||"Real Jim" character in her campaign commercials was actually an actor based in California
|Wild card:||Bachmann's outspokenness has made her a right-wing icon, drawing national attention to this race
|Dueling Ads:||"More Than Her Share": Clark says that while Bachmann can be trusted to stand up for BP and big banks, she's not doing @%*# for average Minnesotans
||"Remember This": According to the Bachmann campaign, there's only one thing you need to know about Tarryl Clark: She loves taxes
Clark's "More Than Her Share":
Bachmann's "Remember This":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has the right to defend itself. What about the Palestinians?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week