Race of the day: Bachmann vs. Clark for Congress (MN-06)
Tea Party firebrand Michele Bachmann faces a tough challenge as she seeks a third term representing the northern suburbs of St. Paul
|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||State senator since 2006
|Two-term incumbent, MN-06
|Key Quote||"'No' is not an agenda. What is Bachmann actually for?"||
"Now we have moved into the realm of gangster government."
|Petty Controversy:||Used bleeped-out swear word in campaign ad, drawing criticism
||"Real Jim" character in her campaign commercials was actually an actor based in California
|Wild card:||Bachmann's outspokenness has made her a right-wing icon, drawing national attention to this race
|Dueling Ads:||"More Than Her Share": Clark says that while Bachmann can be trusted to stand up for BP and big banks, she's not doing @%*# for average Minnesotans
||"Remember This": According to the Bachmann campaign, there's only one thing you need to know about Tarryl Clark: She loves taxes
Clark's "More Than Her Share":
Bachmann's "Remember This":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week