The video: Promising plenty of mama grizzly action, both literal and figurative, TLC has released a 30-second trailer for its highly anticipated new reality show, "Sarah Palin's Alaska." The video montage shows the Palin clan on wilderness expeditions — mom "Oh, Gosh!"-ing her way across a glacier on touring skiis — and around the house, where both domestic bliss and parental discipline come in family-size portions. "No lobbyists. Only one agenda. Family adventure," read the onscreen graphics. The video ends with Palin telling cameras, "I'd rather be doing this than in some stuffy ol' political office. I'd rather be out here bein' free." The eight-part series, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," begins on Nov. 14.
The reaction: Regardless of how you feel about Sarah Palin, says Jessica Carlson at Examiner.com, "the trailer does a good job of capturing the charm that has brought her from Alaska Governor to Vice Presidential candidate to a pop culture icon." We were heartened by Palin's admission that she prefers being in Alaska to politics, says Adrian Chen at Gawker. "There you go. She'll never be president!" Watch the trailer:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
Subscribe to the Week