he video: Promising plenty of mama grizzly action, both literal and figurative, TLC has released a 30-second trailer for its highly anticipated new reality show, "Sarah Palin's Alaska." The video montage shows the Palin clan on wilderness expeditions — mom "Oh, Gosh!"-ing her way across a glacier on touring skiis — and around the house, where both domestic bliss and parental discipline come in family-size portions. "No lobbyists. Only one agenda. Family adventure," read the onscreen graphics. The video ends with Palin telling cameras, "I'd rather be doing this than in some stuffy ol' political office. I'd rather be out here bein' free." The eight-part series, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," begins on Nov. 14.
The reaction: Regardless of how you feel about Sarah Palin, says Jessica Carlson at Examiner.com, "the trailer does a good job of capturing the charm that has brought her from Alaska Governor to Vice Presidential candidate to a pop culture icon." We were heartened by Palin's admission that she prefers being in Alaska to politics, says Adrian Chen at Gawker. "There you go. She'll never be president!" Watch the trailer:
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- The indignity of canine bath time
Subscribe to the Week