Meghan McCain launched into a diatribe against Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell on Sunday, saying she is "seen as a nutjob." During a segment on ABC's "This Week," the daughter of the former presidential candidate John McCain claimed that O'Donnell's candidacy made a "mockery out of running for public office," adding that the Tea-Party-backed Republican nominee is inexperienced, and has "no real history, no real success in any kind of business." Does Meghan McCain have a point? (Watch McCain's comments)
McCain nailed it: It's "about time someone called a spade a spade," says Patrick Roberts at Irish Central. "Christine O'Donnell is not fit to run for dogcatcher and the world knows it." The shame is, so few Republicans have the guts to stand up and say so. Hopefully, McCain's brave stand will force the GOP to "examine how someone like O'Donnell gets elected."
"Meghan McCain correctly exposes Christine O'Donnell as a nut job"
Christine O'Donnell is good for the GOP: So 26-year-old McCain thinks that "political inexperience is dangerous to the nation," says Doug Powers at Michelle Malkin.com. In truth, the problems of this country have been caused by "entrenched experienced politicians." We need people like O'Donnell to "keep the elites from having an unbreakable grip on power."
"Meghan McCain: Christine O'Donnell seen as a nutjob"
McCain was disturbing on more than one front: McCain's dismissal of O'Donnell is one thing, says Donald Douglas at American Power, but her "sweeping generalizations" about the Tea Party's so-called irrelevance to her generation worried me more. It's the Democrats who are "losing the young people," while the GOP signs up new supporters. Maybe ABC should think twice before inviting this "analyst" on air a second time.
"Clueless? Meghan McCain slams the old fogey Tea Party movement"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week