The video: Antoine Dodson has inspired everything from a hit song to a political ad after he famously chased an intruder and would-be rapist from his sister's bedroom, then gave an impassioned interview to a local Huntsville, Ala., reporter. Now, the internet celebrity is pitching his idea for the perfect Halloween costume: Himself. Naturally, the get-up, which he calls the "most wanted costume of 2010," can be purchased from his website for just $24.99.
The reaction: "This is what capitalism is all about," says The Post Chronicle staff. "The man is marketing himself and starting a business." (Note that earlier this fall, Dodson decried unauthorized versions of the costume, saying that their makers are "raping me and my family for real!") Yes, he's just cashing in on his 15 minutes of fame and he's "not the most polished pitchman," says Gustavo Turner in the LA Weekly, but "the guy's sass is impossibly endearing." Watch the video below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
Subscribe to the Week