Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: We asked you to come up with a bumper sticker for the new Google car that can drive itself and you automatically replied:
THE WINNER: My Car Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student.
Clark Koepke, Sykesville, MD
SECOND PLACE: How's My Texting?
Beverly Junger, Socorro, NM
THIRD PLACE: My Other Car is a Moron
Jon Weisbrod, Union, NJ
I'd Rather Be Driving
Joan Wittke, Milwaukee
Keep Honking, I'll Give You BOTH Fingers!
Les Ackland, Coraopolis, PA
Mark Wykoff, Hardwick, VT
My Child Just Sits There at Rockburn High School
Ashley Ryan, Catonsville, MD
If You Don't Like My Driving, Hit Cntrl+Alt+Delete
David M. Levin, Edgewater, MD
My Other Car is an Android
Bryan F. Smith, Austin, TX
My Other Car Lets Me Drive
Stephen Woodburn, Winfield, KS
I’m Driving My Other Car
Ann Heiney, Newport Beach, CA
How’s My Geo-Spatial Locating?
Norm Swaton, Foster City, CA
Baby (And Nobody Else) on Board
Paul Kim, Covington, LA
Baby on Board—He's Driving.
Djerdj Kopecki, Honolulu, HI
My Mother-in-Law STILL Doesn’t Like My Driving
Alan Parven, Commerce Twp, MI
Don’t Honk…I'm Napping
Rochelle Aronson, Oceanside, NY
I Brake for Bugs
Anne Howland, Middlesex, VT
Hal on Wheels
Donn Hogan, Redmond, WA
I’m with Stupid
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, CA
Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive
Judy Rice, Milford, PA
Look Ma, No Hands – Or Feet!
Carol Bertoia, Palm Springs, CA
Man is My Co-Pilot
George Kaperonis, Charlotte, NC
Honk if Your Car Will Let You
David Daniel, Woodland Hills, CA
If You Can't See This Then I Must Be Heading Toward You!
W. Williams, Largo, FL
How’s My Not Driving?
Lonnie Reed, Brandford, CT
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week