elcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: We asked you to come up with a bumper sticker for the new Google car that can drive itself and you automatically replied:
THE WINNER: My Car Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student.
Clark Koepke, Sykesville, MD
SECOND PLACE: How's My Texting?
Beverly Junger, Socorro, NM
THIRD PLACE: My Other Car is a Moron
Jon Weisbrod, Union, NJ
I'd Rather Be Driving
Joan Wittke, Milwaukee
Keep Honking, I'll Give You BOTH Fingers!
Les Ackland, Coraopolis, PA
Mark Wykoff, Hardwick, VT
My Child Just Sits There at Rockburn High School
Ashley Ryan, Catonsville, MD
If You Don't Like My Driving, Hit Cntrl+Alt+Delete
David M. Levin, Edgewater, MD
My Other Car is an Android
Bryan F. Smith, Austin, TX
My Other Car Lets Me Drive
Stephen Woodburn, Winfield, KS
I’m Driving My Other Car
Ann Heiney, Newport Beach, CA
How’s My Geo-Spatial Locating?
Norm Swaton, Foster City, CA
Baby (And Nobody Else) on Board
Paul Kim, Covington, LA
Baby on Board—He's Driving.
Djerdj Kopecki, Honolulu, HI
My Mother-in-Law STILL Doesn’t Like My Driving
Alan Parven, Commerce Twp, MI
Don’t Honk…I'm Napping
Rochelle Aronson, Oceanside, NY
I Brake for Bugs
Anne Howland, Middlesex, VT
Hal on Wheels
Donn Hogan, Redmond, WA
I’m with Stupid
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, CA
Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive
Judy Rice, Milford, PA
Look Ma, No Hands – Or Feet!
Carol Bertoia, Palm Springs, CA
Man is My Co-Pilot
George Kaperonis, Charlotte, NC
Honk if Your Car Will Let You
David Daniel, Woodland Hills, CA
If You Can't See This Then I Must Be Heading Toward You!
W. Williams, Largo, FL
How’s My Not Driving?
Lonnie Reed, Brandford, CT
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week