Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: We asked you to come up with a bumper sticker for the new Google car that can drive itself and you automatically replied:
THE WINNER: My Car Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student.
Clark Koepke, Sykesville, MD
SECOND PLACE: How's My Texting?
Beverly Junger, Socorro, NM
THIRD PLACE: My Other Car is a Moron
Jon Weisbrod, Union, NJ
I'd Rather Be Driving
Joan Wittke, Milwaukee
Keep Honking, I'll Give You BOTH Fingers!
Les Ackland, Coraopolis, PA
Mark Wykoff, Hardwick, VT
My Child Just Sits There at Rockburn High School
Ashley Ryan, Catonsville, MD
If You Don't Like My Driving, Hit Cntrl+Alt+Delete
David M. Levin, Edgewater, MD
My Other Car is an Android
Bryan F. Smith, Austin, TX
My Other Car Lets Me Drive
Stephen Woodburn, Winfield, KS
I’m Driving My Other Car
Ann Heiney, Newport Beach, CA
How’s My Geo-Spatial Locating?
Norm Swaton, Foster City, CA
Baby (And Nobody Else) on Board
Paul Kim, Covington, LA
Baby on Board—He's Driving.
Djerdj Kopecki, Honolulu, HI
My Mother-in-Law STILL Doesn’t Like My Driving
Alan Parven, Commerce Twp, MI
Don’t Honk…I'm Napping
Rochelle Aronson, Oceanside, NY
I Brake for Bugs
Anne Howland, Middlesex, VT
Hal on Wheels
Donn Hogan, Redmond, WA
I’m with Stupid
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, CA
Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive
Judy Rice, Milford, PA
Look Ma, No Hands – Or Feet!
Carol Bertoia, Palm Springs, CA
Man is My Co-Pilot
George Kaperonis, Charlotte, NC
Honk if Your Car Will Let You
David Daniel, Woodland Hills, CA
If You Can't See This Then I Must Be Heading Toward You!
W. Williams, Largo, FL
How’s My Not Driving?
Lonnie Reed, Brandford, CT
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- How neuroscience can help us understand political partisanship
- An ode to the great American road trip
Subscribe to the Week