1. Vail, Ariz. Located near Saguaro National Park, this four-bedroom home is set on a two-acre desert lot. Verandas wrap around the house and lead to a pool and spa area. $1,000,000. Maria Anemone, Russ Lyon/Sotheby’s International Properties, (520) 906-3245
2. Indianapolis A decorative stone drive leads to the entrance of this four-bedroom home, which sits on a half-acre and is surrounded by manicured gardens. The interior features a curved central staircase, a sunroom, and a theater room. $1,000,000. Jeff Carroll, Encore Sotheby’s International Realty, (317) 660-4444
3. Peacham, Vt. Constructed in Connecticut in the 18th century, this four-bedroom house was dismantled and brought to its current, 72-acre lot in the late 1980s. Several of its rooms have exposed beams, and most include the original wood flooring. $1,000,000. Mary W. von Ziegesar, Lion & Davis, (802) 846-7939
4. Neskowin, Ore. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, this four-bedroom home has a wraparound porch and direct beach access. The main rooms feature a wall of windows on the ocean side and are finished from floor to rafters with white beadboard. $1,000,000. Terry Sprague, Cushman & Tebbs/Sotheby’s International Realty, (503) 459-3987
5. Conyers, Ga. This seven-bedroom brick home is located near Arabia Mountain State Park. The property fronts a private lake and features a tennis court, a pool, fenced pastures, and garages for eight cars. $1,000,000. Dana Leshley, Harry Norman/Christie’s Great Estates, (404) 233-4142
6. Jupiter, Fla. This 4-year-old home sits on a seven-acre property that includes a pool, a guesthouse, and a three-stall horse barn. It has six bedrooms and four and a half baths. $1,000,000. Kathy Palmer, Waterfront Properties and Club Communities, (561) 248-6013
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week