|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Lawyer and elected county executive
Conservative issues advocate
|Campaign Chest:||$1.2 million
|Key Quote:||"I am not now nor have I ever been anything but a clean-shaven capitalist."||"You're just jealous you weren't on 'Saturday Night Live.'"|
|Petty Controversy:||Wrote article for college newspaper with the headline "Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist"; claims title was a joke
||During an appearance on "Politically Incorrect" in late '90s admitted that she had "dabbled in witchcraft," including holding a "picnic on a satanic altar"
|Wild card:||While the GOP establishment has been reluctant to back O'Donnell, she is pulling in millions in online donations from Tea Partiers and conservatives across the country
|Dueling Ads:||"Chris' plan for Washington": Coons says he would stop bailouts and end tax breaks for companies that send jobs overseas
||"What I'm made of": O'Donnell says she is not a child of privilege — "I didn't go to Yale" — but she'll be a tough advocate for keeping your taxes low
Chris Coons' "Plan for Washington":
Christine O'Donnell's "What I'm Made of":
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week