he video: The Rand Paul supporter who was caught on video stomping on the head of a MoveOn.org protestor has suggested that an apology from his victim is in order. (Watch a local news report below.) Tim Profitt, a former Paul campaign volunteer, told a local TV station that his stompee, Lauren Valle, is a "professional" rebel-rouser and had "initiated the whole thing." Kentucky police have issued a criminal summons for Profitt, who was dismissed by the Paul campaign after the incident.
The reaction: So "the guy who stomped on a defenseless woman's head wants her to apologize to him?" asks Steve Benen at Washington Monthly. "Maybe she smudged his shoe or something." An apology might be a bit much, says Ann Althouse at her blog, but "the MoveOn.org woman came to the event to create an incident." If the Paul supporters felt threatened, then the "violent incident was prompted by the urge to defend." Just think what the Secret Service might have done to her. Watch Tim Profitt request an apology on WKYT:
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week