|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Gov of Florida
Fmr speaker of Fla. House
|Campaign Chest:||$1.4 million
|Key Quote:||"It's abundantly clear to me that there's an extreme right faction in the Republican party."||"I think all the extreme views today in American politics are largely found on the left."|
|Petty Controversy:||Accused of running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in personal charges as part of Florida GOP spending scandal
||Accused by opponent of using taxpayer funds to get his back waxed
|Wild card:||Democrat Kendrick Meek is currently polling at around 20%, and will likely siphon many votes away from Crist.
"Independence": Crist argues that he has stood up to "right wing party bosses" before, and that this time he'll derail Marco Rubio's "extreme agenda."
Charlie Crist's "Independence":
Marco Rubio's "Noise":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week