|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Gov of Florida
Fmr speaker of Fla. House
|Campaign Chest:||$1.4 million
|Key Quote:||"It's abundantly clear to me that there's an extreme right faction in the Republican party."||"I think all the extreme views today in American politics are largely found on the left."|
|Petty Controversy:||Accused of running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in personal charges as part of Florida GOP spending scandal
||Accused by opponent of using taxpayer funds to get his back waxed
|Wild card:||Democrat Kendrick Meek is currently polling at around 20%, and will likely siphon many votes away from Crist.
"Independence": Crist argues that he has stood up to "right wing party bosses" before, and that this time he'll derail Marco Rubio's "extreme agenda."
Charlie Crist's "Independence":
Marco Rubio's "Noise":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
Subscribe to the Week