|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Gov of Florida
Fmr speaker of Fla. House
|Campaign Chest:||$1.4 million
|Key Quote:||"It's abundantly clear to me that there's an extreme right faction in the Republican party."||"I think all the extreme views today in American politics are largely found on the left."|
|Petty Controversy:||Accused of running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in personal charges as part of Florida GOP spending scandal
||Accused by opponent of using taxpayer funds to get his back waxed
|Wild card:||Democrat Kendrick Meek is currently polling at around 20%, and will likely siphon many votes away from Crist.
"Independence": Crist argues that he has stood up to "right wing party bosses" before, and that this time he'll derail Marco Rubio's "extreme agenda."
Charlie Crist's "Independence":
Marco Rubio's "Noise":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Game of Thrones recap: 'The Lion and the Rose'
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week