|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Gov of Florida
Fmr speaker of Fla. House
|Campaign Chest:||$1.4 million
|Key Quote:||"It's abundantly clear to me that there's an extreme right faction in the Republican party."||"I think all the extreme views today in American politics are largely found on the left."|
|Petty Controversy:||Accused of running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in personal charges as part of Florida GOP spending scandal
||Accused by opponent of using taxpayer funds to get his back waxed
|Wild card:||Democrat Kendrick Meek is currently polling at around 20%, and will likely siphon many votes away from Crist.
"Independence": Crist argues that he has stood up to "right wing party bosses" before, and that this time he'll derail Marco Rubio's "extreme agenda."
Charlie Crist's "Independence":
Marco Rubio's "Noise":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
Subscribe to the Week