Race of the Day: Barney Frank in 'the fight of his life'
Out-of-nowhere Republican Sean Bielat is giving long-serving Massachusetts congressman Barney Frank a run for his money
|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Fifteen-term incumbent
Consultant, Marine Corps major
|Campaign Chest:||$1.1 million
|Key Quote:||"I do not intend to be ambushed by the kind of right-wing smears that assailed John Kerry in 2004."||"There are few individuals more responsible [for the financial crisis] than Congressman Frank."|
|Petty Controversy:||Frank's boyfriend James Ready alledgedly heckled Bielat during a media interview
||Bielat was "outed" as a former Democrat by a local news site
|Wild card:||After Scott Brown's Senate victory last year, Massachusetts Republicans are feeling newly emboldened.
||"Banks": This ad argues that "you can bail out regular people or bail out the banks — and Barney chose the banks."
Sean Bielat's "Banks":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week