Race of the Day: Barney Frank in 'the fight of his life'
Out-of-nowhere Republican Sean Bielat is giving long-serving Massachusetts congressman Barney Frank a run for his money
|Name & Party:||
|Basic Info:||Fifteen-term incumbent
Consultant, Marine Corps major
|Campaign Chest:||$1.1 million
|Key Quote:||"I do not intend to be ambushed by the kind of right-wing smears that assailed John Kerry in 2004."||"There are few individuals more responsible [for the financial crisis] than Congressman Frank."|
|Petty Controversy:||Frank's boyfriend James Ready alledgedly heckled Bielat during a media interview
||Bielat was "outed" as a former Democrat by a local news site
|Wild card:||After Scott Brown's Senate victory last year, Massachusetts Republicans are feeling newly emboldened.
||"Banks": This ad argues that "you can bail out regular people or bail out the banks — and Barney chose the banks."
Sean Bielat's "Banks":
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week