elcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
This week's question: For $200 an hour, a Maryland firm is renting drug-sniffing dogs to parents, in order to detect stashes of marijuana and other contraband hidden in bedrooms, the attic, and the basement. Assuming this business becomes a national franchise, what should it be called?
Results: We asked you to come up with a franchise name for a Maryland company that has started renting out drug-sniffing dogs to parents who suspect teens have secret stashes of marijuana or other contraband.
THE WINNER: Snoop Dawgs
Rich Barton, New Paltz, NY
SECOND PLACE: Tattle Tails
Anne Rimmer, Englewood, CO
THIRD PLACE: Spot Check
Tony Sannella, Mill Valley, CA
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville, TN
Barbara Larkin, Dallas
Larry Fish, New York City
Sniff & Spank
Frances H. Kakugawa, Sacramento
S. Josenhans, San Marino, CA
David T. Russell, Beaufort, SC
Carl Silverman, Madison, WI
Law & Odor
Roy Schultz, West Chester, OH
Monika Dreslin, Stonington, CT
BJ Fogg, Stanford, CA
Linda Gall, Bel Air, MD
Patrick Barry, Chicago
Shirley Vaney, Tempe, AZ
David Ballard, Fairfax, VA
Catherine R. Butler, El Dorado, AR
Mom’s Best Friend
Michael Paul, Carrboro, NC
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week