The video: President Obama and the first lady took to the dance floor in India over the weekend with a crowd of Mumbai students. The president gamely joined in on Sunday as the colorfully-dressed children performed a dance in celebration of Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. It wasn't all fun and games though; during his visit, Obama has been lambasted by the Indian press for perceived favoritism toward Pakistan, a country with which India has a tense and troubled relationship.
The reaction: The Indian media rated the first couple's dance moves against each other, says Erica Werner at The Associated Press. "Sorry Mr. President, but your wife is winning this competition hands down." The New Delhi Mail Today praised Michelle Obama's "natural sense of rhythm," while saying Obama "lacked grace." To sum up, says Kristi Keck at CNN: "A for effort, C for technique." Watch the video here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week