The video: President Obama and the first lady took to the dance floor in India over the weekend with a crowd of Mumbai students. The president gamely joined in on Sunday as the colorfully-dressed children performed a dance in celebration of Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. It wasn't all fun and games though; during his visit, Obama has been lambasted by the Indian press for perceived favoritism toward Pakistan, a country with which India has a tense and troubled relationship.
The reaction: The Indian media rated the first couple's dance moves against each other, says Erica Werner at The Associated Press. "Sorry Mr. President, but your wife is winning this competition hands down." The New Delhi Mail Today praised Michelle Obama's "natural sense of rhythm," while saying Obama "lacked grace." To sum up, says Kristi Keck at CNN: "A for effort, C for technique." Watch the video here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The militarization of America’s police
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- House hunting: 7 beautiful homes in Georgia
Subscribe to the Week