The video: President Obama and the first lady took to the dance floor in India over the weekend with a crowd of Mumbai students. The president gamely joined in on Sunday as the colorfully-dressed children performed a dance in celebration of Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. It wasn't all fun and games though; during his visit, Obama has been lambasted by the Indian press for perceived favoritism toward Pakistan, a country with which India has a tense and troubled relationship.
The reaction: The Indian media rated the first couple's dance moves against each other, says Erica Werner at The Associated Press. "Sorry Mr. President, but your wife is winning this competition hands down." The New Delhi Mail Today praised Michelle Obama's "natural sense of rhythm," while saying Obama "lacked grace." To sum up, says Kristi Keck at CNN: "A for effort, C for technique." Watch the video here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week