The video: President Obama and the first lady took to the dance floor in India over the weekend with a crowd of Mumbai students. The president gamely joined in on Sunday as the colorfully-dressed children performed a dance in celebration of Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. It wasn't all fun and games though; during his visit, Obama has been lambasted by the Indian press for perceived favoritism toward Pakistan, a country with which India has a tense and troubled relationship.
The reaction: The Indian media rated the first couple's dance moves against each other, says Erica Werner at The Associated Press. "Sorry Mr. President, but your wife is winning this competition hands down." The New Delhi Mail Today praised Michelle Obama's "natural sense of rhythm," while saying Obama "lacked grace." To sum up, says Kristi Keck at CNN: "A for effort, C for technique." Watch the video here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week