Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: With revelations from Wiki Leaks still trickling out, we asked you to supply us the sentence that would least surprise the world and you cabled:
THE WINNER: "Hands are tied till I get the OK from Halliburton."
Richard Levine, Los Angeles
SECOND PLACE: "Pakistan is a haven for terrorists."
James Smith, Mill Valley, CA
THIRD PLACE: "Bill Clinton finds Carla Bruni attractive."
Talia Pundak Mintz, Lincolnshire, IL
"Chinese ambassador giggles when entering Wal-Mart."
Joe Stecker, Pisgah Forest, NC
"Disney Paris isn't as huge or cool as Disney World, but the people are thinner."
Wendi J. Dick, Fort Ransom, ND
"Iran purchased its centrifuges on e-bay."
Ed Ayers II, Springbrook Twp, PA
"Canada has its own football league."
Edmund Conti, Raleigh, NC
"Hillary would rather be prez."
Mike Paul, Carrboro, NC
"Nancy Pelosi’s popularity is in jeopardy."
Miles Klein, Frisco, TX
"Some of what the Congressman said was, in fact, not true."
Mike Uhlig, Oakland Township, MI
"Our intelligence sources still haven’t identified the real enemy."
May Chin, Burbank, CA
"Barack is sneaking low-tar cigarettes in the White House closet."
Stephanie Sarich, Minnetonka, MN
"Rich getting richer."
Mike Salvidio, Denver
"There is gambling going on at Rick’s Café Americain in Casablanca."
Robert Schoales, Melbourne, FL
"The locals don’t find ‘Borat’ amusing."
Bill Dorner, Indianapolis
"Joe Biden was making fun of Hillary’s pantsuits."
Andy Miller, Encino, CA
"There has been a breach in security."
Derry Gleason, Bradford, VT
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
Subscribe to the Week