The video: Internet sensation Antoine Dodson continues to pop up in expected places. In August, a video of Dodson giving an impassioned TV interview after chasing a rapist from his sister's bedroom went viral, going on to inspire a popular Auto-Tune remix, a political ad, and a dog's Halloween costume, among other things. Now, students at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University, an Evangelical Christian school, have remixed Dodson's rant in an entirely different style. Led by their excitable director, the Vision Ministries choir sings "Carol of the Bed Intruder." (View below.)
The reaction: It's "beautiful," says Matt Stopera at BuzzFeed. It's also a pretty strange combination, says Mike Pomranz at Comedy Central. "Nothing goes together like Christmas, the largest Evangelical Christian university in the world, and songs about attempted rape." Yes, "somewhere Jerry Falwell is rolling over in his grave," says Daniel Nester in the Times Union. But, it's a "great Christmas carol," possibly even "the greatest." Watch the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week