elcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: With Kentucky planning to open a creationist theme park anchored by a giant Noah’s Ark, we asked you to come up with a theme park befitting another state. You flooded us with ideas like:
THE WINNER: For New Jersey: Six “Whacks’’ Great Adventure.
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, MI
SECOND PLACE: For Florida, in the year 2050: The Entire State Underwater Fun Park
Ashley Ryan, Catonsville, MD
THIRD PLACE: For Texas: Bush Gardens
Jane Ellen Frazier, Florence, MA
Alaska: The Palin-Drome — it can’t be spelled the same backwards and forwards, but you CAN see Russia from there.
Miles Klein, Frisco, TX
Detroit, Michigan: The Car Park—a giant, half-empty parking lot.
Gregory P. Casey, Medfield, MA
Minnesota: The Great Avalanche Experience (formerly, The Metrodome)
Bill Dorner, Indianapolis
Foreclosureland (Enter any state here)
Rick Glass, Arlington, VA
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- The indignity of canine bath time
Subscribe to the Week