Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: After about 1,400 CEOs gathered in Davos, Switzerland for what some have called "group therapy" for the embattled captains of industry, we asked you to come up with a seminar this crowd would appreciate.
THE WINNER: Am I Worth 2000 of My Employees? YES!
Gerry McGovern, Naperville, IL
SECOND PLACE: How to Get More From the People that Have Less
Tim Ashford, Lomita, CA
THIRD PLACE: Wall Street is from Mars, Main Street is from Venus
Becca Coley, Denver
Solving the World's Problems Through Skiing
Donald Menchise, Nashville
I'm Okay — You're Poor!
William Cohen, Delmar, NY
Unleash the Ponzi Within
Wes Edens, Glendale, AZ
How to Win Friends & Influence the SEC
John Barczyk, Rochester, MI
How to Win Friends & Raid Their Corporations
Joel V. Harvey, Lawrenceburg, TN
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Lying
Jerilyn Morgan, Marblehead, MA
Getting Your Life Back 101: What Not to Say When Speaking to The Media
John Besnard, Irvine, CA
It's Not You, It's Them
Sarah Hovis, Rochester Hills, MI
The Greed-Driven Life
Ryan Abrahamson, Sturgeon Bay, WI
Chicken Soup for the Soulless
Ilayne Geller, Irving, TX
Accessorizing with Kevlar
Randi Meyer, Port S. Lucie, FL
A Meeting of the Mine's
Ronnie Richardson, Cambridge, MD
Life after Dearth
Don Trow, Lancaster, PA
How Tax-Sheltered is my Parachute?
Bruce Alter, Fairfax Station, VA
You've Got It All. How Can You Get More?
Edmund Conti, Raleigh, NC
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week