The image: Lady Gaga has snagged the cover of Vogue's American edition for the first time — and her "weird" new look is challenging the blogosphere. Eschewing meat bikinis and architectural headgear, a seemingly eyebrow-less Gaga wears a severe pink Louise Brooks-style wig and bruise-colored purple lipstick. In the accompanying interview, Gaga cops to writing her latest song in "ten fucking minutes," adding that Elton John told her it was the "gayest song ever." The pop star also tells Vogue that she is "quite down to earth for such an eccentric person."
The reaction: While Lady Gaga's devoted Little Monsters are sure to "gush" about her latest reinvention on the March issue, says Osoblog, we don't like it. "She looks like an alien." Though "it is nice to see her wearing actual clothes." C'mon, says Daniel Haim at Bloginity. "This is one of the prettiest spreads we have ever seen of Lady Gaga." Classy and stylish, it's "so vibrant, so 2012." Stare down Gaga for yourself:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week