1. Mubarak steps down
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak finally resigned, after nearly three weeks of swarming protests in the streets of Cairo. Some — including The Week's William Falk — wonder if the U.S. could have done more to alleviate the Egyptian crisis. And now that Mubarak's gone, what's next for Egypt? Will the Muslim Brotherhood gain power in the new government? How will the peace process in the Middle East be affected? Here's all of our Egypt coverage.
2. Tough times for the GOP
House Speaker John Boehner struggled to unite his party this week, falling short in two embarrassing floor votes. Controversy and infighting threatened to dominate the annual conservative jamboree CPAC. The married Rep. Christopher Lee (R-N.Y.) resigned just hours after revelations that he sent a "sexy" shirtless photo to a woman he met on Craigslist. See more on the Republican Party's struggles (and successes) here.
3. The Super Bowl's controversial ads
The Green Bay Packers' big win immediately gave way to discussion about the game's commercials. Groupon's "Tibet" ad struck many as offensive (even if effective), and the price tag of a fan-favorite Chrysler spot left critics crying foul. Check out our full coverage.
4. Gabrielle Giffords' remarkable improvement
Barely a month after being shot in the head, the Arizona Democrat is reportedly speaking. Meanwhile, her astronaut husband ignited debate when he announced that he would leave his wife's side to lead a scheduled space mission this spring. And with an Arizona Senate seat opening up next year, some think Giffords deserves the option to run. See our continuing coverage of the congresswoman's recovery.
5. Obesity and us
A study released this week delivered some discouraging news: The world is getting a whole lot fatter. Another study suggested that feeding toddlers junk food could lower their IQs. Click here for more on obesity in America.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hotel of enlightenment
- How I cut my family's budget by $1,000
Subscribe to the Week