he video: Ben Armbruster, a writer for the liberal website Think Progress, tried turning the tables on Jesse Watters, a Fox News producer known for conducting ambush interviews for Bill O'Reilly — and was cooly rebuffed. His cellphone video camera rolling, Armbruster approached Watters during last week's Conservative Political Action Conference, demanding that Watters comment on a former Fox News insider's claim that the channel fabricates material to "undermine Democrats." Ignoring the question, Watters instead took Armbruster to task for his journalistic technique. "This not how you do an ambush, man," Watters says. "It looks like you're a little J.V." When Armbruster brushes Watters' jacket, the Fox producer warns, "Watch my blazer, bro."
The reaction: "Jesse Watters has waaaay too much fun explaining the trade to this amateur," says Aaron Worthing at Patterico's Pontifications. Watters schooled Armbruster in how to avoid dignifying a painful accusation with a response. That's because Watters had to dodge the question, says D.J. Pangburn at The Sovereign Independent. He'd get fired if he answered. And even though "it was ultimately useless to approach Watters, it was a pleasure to see the camera turned on the smarmy bro." See for yourself:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week