Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: We asked you to come up with a Jeopardy question that would stump IBM’s Watson, and you scored with:
THE WINNER: Answer: While knowing the answers to many clues, it remains clueless.
Question: What is Watson?
Ivy Kaplan, St. Louis Park, MN
SECOND PLACE: Answer: A priest, a minister, and a rabbi.
Question: Who walked into a bar?
Jere Smith, Bryan, TX
THIRD PLACE: Answer: Elementary, my dear Watson.
Question: What was the first school attended by Sherlock Holmes?
Mick Addison-Lamb, Springville, TN
Answer: I Don't Know.
Question: What is the name of the player at third base?
Michael E. Olesak, Perth Amboy, NJ
Answer: Snooki is famous for this contribution to modern civilization.
Question: What is... (well, this one has everyone else stumped, too)
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
Answer: Eggs, bacon and whole wheat toast.
Question: What did I have for breakfast?
Judy Rogers Basehore, Philo, CA
Answer: "Wow, you remind me of my mother!"
Question: What is a really bad pickup line?
Joel V. Harvey, Lawrenceburg, TN
Question: What is a dubious use of IBM shareholder money?
Mary Delli Santi, Budd Lake, NJ
Answer: No, you look amazingly skinny!
Question: Does this dress make me look fat?
Mike Boettcher, Scottsdale, AZ
Answer: They are the three little words a man most wants to hear from a woman.
Question: What are, "I brought beer"?
Mike Paul, Carrboro, NC
Answer: Two wives.
Question: What is the penalty for bigamy?
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, MI
Answer: Apple & Microsoft
Question: What two computer companies are better than IBM?
Michael Steinberg, State College, PA
Question: What color is Alex Trebek's tie?
Paul Bourdius, Bernardsville, NJ
Answer: I don't know, Dave.
Question: What did I do with the astronauts?
Mark O'Connell, Irvine, CA
Question: What does the winner of Jeopardy not know how to handle?
Carol Kaplan, St Louis Park, MN
Answer: I'd shut do—
Question: What would happen if you pulled the plug?
Richard Ardito, Saddle Brook, NJ
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week