Live video: Japan's catastrophic earthquake and tsunami
A massive 8.9-magnitude earthquake — one of the most powerful in 100 years — rocks the island nation... and sends a tsunami roaring through the Pacific Ocean
Northeastern Japan is rocked by tsunami waves after Friday's record-breaking 8.9 earthquake.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week