Live video: Japan's catastrophic earthquake and tsunami
A massive 8.9-magnitude earthquake — one of the most powerful in 100 years — rocks the island nation... and sends a tsunami roaring through the Pacific Ocean
Northeastern Japan is rocked by tsunami waves after Friday's record-breaking 8.9 earthquake.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week