Live video: Japan's catastrophic earthquake and tsunami
A massive 8.9-magnitude earthquake — one of the most powerful in 100 years — rocks the island nation... and sends a tsunami roaring through the Pacific Ocean
Northeastern Japan is rocked by tsunami waves after Friday's record-breaking 8.9 earthquake.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- What is Jebonomics?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week