Live video: Japan's catastrophic earthquake and tsunami
A massive 8.9-magnitude earthquake — one of the most powerful in 100 years — rocks the island nation... and sends a tsunami roaring through the Pacific Ocean
Northeastern Japan is rocked by tsunami waves after Friday's record-breaking 8.9 earthquake.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week