he video: If Charlie Sheen is suffering a mental breakdown, it might be the most profitable breakdown in history. The recently-fired "Two and a Half Men" star is taking his "they fired me" schtick on the road, with a series of live comedy performances. (Watch Sheen preview his road show, below.) Though Sheen's "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not an Option" tour schedule is currently limited to Chicago and Detroit, tickets for both locations sold out in minutes, and additional tour dates are rumored. The troubled actor, who some suspect may be battling a mental illness or drug dependency, announced: "This IS where you will hear the REAL story from the Warlock. Bring it. I dare you to keep up with me."
The reaction: Sheen's "warlock masterwork" is still under wraps, says Ken Baker at E! Online, but sources close to the star have leaked a few details. Look for a partially-scripted, "Broadway-esque" variety show, with Sheen interacting with "comedians, actors, [and] random people in his life." Anyone expecting a racy, Howard Stern-like sex show will be disappointed — "[Sheen] wants it to be mainstream, and to be about fun for all his fans, especially women." Judging from his behavior in recent weeks, says Liz Kelly Nelson at Zap2It, we can expect "rambling and somewhat disjointed monologues" that "trash his former co-stars," along with plenty of cigarette-smoking. Whatever else, it will undoubtedly be a "break from reality." Get a taste for yourself:
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
Subscribe to the Week