Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: In light of new sites like "Cupidtino," for Apple enthusiasts, and "We Waited" for virgins, we asked you to come up with another special-interest dating site.
THE WINNER: Let'sWasteEachOther'sTime: For commitment-phobes.
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, MI
SECOND PLACE: bipartisex: For those who want to experiment with another political persuasion.
Nick Ewen, Fort Pierce, FL
THIRD PLACE: Karma.org: The beauty of this site is that you don’t need to do anything! If you are meant to be together, you will be.
Terri Kayden, Nyack, NY
The Anti-Social Network: For people who hate dating sites
Michael Kaplan, Brooklyn
YourPlaceNotMine: For adult children living with their parents
Danielle Tallman, Litchfield Park, AZ
Exes & Oys: Dating match-ups arranged FOR ex-spouses, BY ex-spouses
Ronna L. Edelstein, Pittsburgh, PA
Love & Order: For everyone who’s ever acted in a "Law & Order" episode
Gary N. Hennion, New York City
TheMeatlessMarket: Dating site for vegans
Debbie Binder, Bentleyville, OH
AccumuDate: For hoarders
Jay Jaman, Aiea, HI
UnderwaterLovers: For homeowners with an underwater mortgage
Wendi JoLea Dick, Englevale, ND
Hornithologist: For oversexed birdwatchers
Miles Klein, Frisco, TX
HindSite: For those who don't want to show our faces on a dating site, but are willing to show something else
Dave Rapp, Boynton Beach, FL
theCharm.com: For people looking for love after their second divorce
John Besnard, Irvine, CA
Can’tWeJustChat: For germaphobes
Barry Cutler, Palm Desert, CA
Matches.com: For pyromaniacs
David Daniel, Woodland Hills, CA
As-Is: For garage sale enthusiasts
Veronica Dolan, Denver
CraigsLust: New home of the old Craigslist adult ads
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
Angela James, Westminster, MD
TrueRepresentations (no members yet)
Mike Paul Carrboro, NC
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week