n 2009, NASA launched the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, on a mission to capture images of the entire sky with an infrared telescope. In the 14 month since its launch, WISE has captured 2.5 million images, and made a host of new discoveries, including 33,000 new asteroids and 20 comets. NASA has just released some of WISE's amazing shots to the public. Here, nine "spectacular," out-of-this-world images.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
Subscribe to the Week