Breen has been the editorial cartoonist for The San Diego Union-Tribune since 2001. His work is nationally syndicated by Creators News Service and regularly appears in USA Today, The New York Times, and Newsweek. Breen is a two-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize for editorial cartooning (1998, 2009). He has a knack for poking fun at his subjects without being mean-spirited. In his spare time, Breen writes and illustrates picture books for Penguin. See some of his cartoons: 1, 2, 3.
Based at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution since 1989, Luckovich is one of the nation’s best-known cartoonists. He has won two Pulitzer Prizes and was twice named Editorial Cartoonist of the Year by The Week Opinion Awards. He is syndicated in 150 newspapers and is the author of two books of cartoons. See some of his cartoons: 1, 2, 3.
A conservative cartoonist, McCoy creates the popular comic strip The Duplex and the daily panel The Flying McCoys (along with his brother Gary), in addition to his editorial cartoons. All three are syndicated by Universal Press Syndicate. Glenn has designed and written for several animation studios including DreamWorks, Universal, Film Roman, and Disney. See some of his cartoons: 1, 2, 3.
Last year’s winner of The Week Opinion Awards’ Editorial Cartoonist of the Year award, Rogers is a skilled artist and a keen observer of the human condition. He has been making readers think, and laugh, for more than 25 years. Syndicated by United Features, his work regularly appears in The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, and Newsweek. See some of his cartoons: 1, 2, 3.
Toles, who was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1990, is the cartoonist for The Washington Post. His cartoons are syndicated in nearly 200 publications nationwide. This year, Toles received the 2011 Herblock Award — nearly a decade after he inherited Herb Block's job at the Post. See some of his cartoons: 1, 2, 3.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Painting the universe's portrait
Subscribe to the Week