Cowen’s blog serves up economic insights, links to academic research, and commentary. Cowen is a professor at George Mason University, a former New Jersey chess champion, and something of a rock star among fellow econo-bloggers.
Digby is the pseudonym of Heather Parton, a liberal political blogger and the founder of the blog Hullabaloo. She has been called one of the “leading and most admired commentators” of the progressive blogosphere.
Salam writes The Agenda, a daily blog for the conservative National Review centered on domestic policy. Salam also writes frequently for such publications as Foreign Policy, The Daily Beast, and Slate.
Sargent writes The Plum Line for The Washington Post. Previously Sargent worked at The New York Observer and New York, and covered the 2004 election for Talking Points Memo.
John Sides and The Monkey Cage
Sides, co-founder and driving spirit of The Monkey Cage, has become an influential voice on voter behavior, injecting the wisdom of academics into everyday politocal discourse. Sides has also written for Salon, the Los Angeles Times, and the New York Daily News.
Sullivan recently moved The Daily Dish, one of the web’s most popular blogs, from The Atlantic to Tina Brown’s The Daily Beast. He’s the former editor of The New Republic.
Weigel quit The Washington Post last year after emails he had written criticizing conservatives were leaked. But he’s more popular than ever with a well-reported political blog focused largely on the conservative movement.
An influential voice of the Left, Yglesias has been blogging since 2002. His writing has appeared in The New York Times, The Guardian, Slate, The Washington Monthly, and other publications.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week