The image: Sarah Palin's most famous child "debuted a shocking new look" on the red carpet of the Candie's Foundation benefit gala in New York this week. (See larger photo below.) Though Bristol Palin, 20, has slimmed down, her "formerly round face now looks [more] heart-shaped, with her jawline and cheekbones appearing more defined," says Cristina Everett at the New York Daily News. Dr. Norman M. Rowe, a New York plastic surgeon, says the single-mom-turned-abstinence-ambassador appears to have gone under the knife. "The tip of her nose is smaller and more feminine," says Rowe, as quoted by the Daily News. "The bridge of the nose also appears lower. It's not as wide as it previously appeared."
The reaction: Looks like "someone might have been touched up just a bit!" crows Perez Hilton. It's true, say Marianne Garvey and Katie Rhames at E!, the jawline of this former Dancing with the Stars contestant is pointier and, with her newly shiny hair, she's almost "morphing into Kim Kardashian." But a friend says Bristol has lost 15 pounds since she danced on TV, so maybe cardio accounts for her new shape. We'll know the truth soon enough, says Jessica Wakeman at The Frisky. "If anyone's been going under the knife up in Wasilla, I'm sure Levi Johnston will have it blasted on a bullhorn just as soon as he catches wind of it." Scrutinize Bristol's alleged facial evolution:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to make corn dogs
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week