The Week Opinion Awards, which celebrate the nation's best opinion writing, were held on May 11 at The W Hotel in Washington, D.C. David Gregory hosted the ceremony, where Peggy Noonan was crowned top columnist, Tom Toles top cartoonist, and John Sides top blogger of the year. Gregory also interviewed Austan Goolsbee, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors, and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). Here, some highlights from the event:
A recap of the event that includes a section of Sir Harold Evans' introductory remarks, and reflections from some prominent attendees.
Noonan, Toles, and Sides reflect on their awards — and their crafts — in their acceptance speeches.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week