The Week Opinion Awards, which celebrate the nation's best opinion writing, were held on May 11 at The W Hotel in Washington, D.C. David Gregory hosted the ceremony, where Peggy Noonan was crowned top columnist, Tom Toles top cartoonist, and John Sides top blogger of the year. Gregory also interviewed Austan Goolsbee, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors, and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). Here, some highlights from the event:
A recap of the event that includes a section of Sir Harold Evans' introductory remarks, and reflections from some prominent attendees.
Noonan, Toles, and Sides reflect on their awards — and their crafts — in their acceptance speeches.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- With the world in flames, why is the economic recovery still going strong?
Subscribe to the Week