The video: In May, the U.S. sent eight precisely tanned ambassadors to Italy to spread our customs and represent our society. Or, as one member of the group says in newly released footage, "J-Woww and her boobies are going to Italy!" That's right. The trailer for Jersey Shore's hotly anticipated season in Italy is here (view it below), offering a peek at the havoc wreaked by Snooki, The Situation, and the rest of the gang during their European vacation. Judging from this clip, there will be no shortage of partying, brawling, "smushing," and "awesomely grotesque" drama to keep fans of MTV's highest-rated reality series entertained. Season 4 premieres on Aug. 4.
The reaction: "Italy is totally going to need a shower after Snooki and her pals get through it," says John Sellers at The Wrap. But after a particularly "safe" third season with little conflict or drama, says Darren Franich at Entertainment Weekly, it looks like the cast's Italy sojourn thrusts them "into lawless chaos and emotional cataclysm," which is all anyone wants from our Guidos and Guidettes, really. Have a look, if you dare:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The week's best photojournalism
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week