elcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: After a restaurant in Monroeville, PA, banned children under six because parents no longer try to keep fussing kids quiet, we asked you to name a chain of child-free eateries.
THE WINNER: AARPY'S
Carol Koss, OKC, OK
SECOND PLACE: Totless Bar
Robert & Patricia Goetz, Pittsboro, NC
THIRD PLACE: The Really Happy Meal!
Bryan Drost, Twinsburg, OH
Hansel & Gretel's: Ask about OUR kids menu!
Pepper A Severin, Puyallup, WA
BWB (Burgers Without Boosters)
Ione Schloegel, Rochester, MN
Stephen Markson & Jill Benson, Coventry, CT
Small Fries to Go
Jill Jessup, Spring Lake, MI
Peas and Quiet
Mattie Roberts, New York, NY
Steve Steidel, Punta Gorda, FL
Where The Wild Things Aren’t
David Haustein, Crestwood, KY
No Kids Aloud
Jian Short, Houston, TX
Amy Torchinsky, Greensboro, NC
Kids Out Back Steakhouse
Edmund Conti, Raleigh, NC
Michael Slawski, Fairfax, VA
Nelson Scheler, Smithville, TX
Janine Witte, New Hope, PA
Barry Cutler, Palm Desert, CA
Peepless in Seattle
Dr. William Focht, Lynchburg, VA
Peggy Barber, Plymouth, NC
Taters Without Tots
Sean Mack, Van Alstyne, TX
KFZ (Kid Free Zone)
A.M. Morris, St. Petersburg, FL
Janice Lindsay, Damariscotta, ME
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week