Five competitors piled on a surfboard during Sunday's Surf Dog Surf-A-Thon in Del Mar, Calif. The event welcomed 4,000 spectators, 80 pooches, and raised more than $100,000 for orphaned animals. Canine surf competitions have recently grown in popularity, and a number are held in Southern California each year. Click through for a look at more pups hanging ten.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week