he video: How could they resist? Saturday Night Live mercilessly spoofed the week's biggest entertainment story — the announcement that reality TV star Kim Kardashian had filed for a quickie divorce from NBA player Kris Humphries after just 72 days of marriage. (Watch it below.) "Whoopsies, I got divorced," grins Kim, played by SNL cast member Nasim Pedrad, as she introduces a parody of E!'s wedding special, titled "Kim's Fairytale Divorce." The entire Kardashian clan gets roasted in the "laugh-out-loud funny" clip which skewers mom Kris Jenner's shameless camera-hogging, Humphries' questionable I.Q., stepdad Bruce Jenner's expressionless face, and Kim's affinity for dating athletes: "Things are looking up for me. I'm single, and there's an NBA lock-out."
The reaction: "We couldn't wait for Saturday Night Live to sink its teeth into Kim Kardashian's divorce," says The Wrap. Thankfully, "the show did not disappoint." While Pedrad's imitation of Kim was spot-on and amusing, says Aly Semigran at Entertainment Weekly, it was Kristen Wiig's performance as "momager" Kris Jenner that "was the most cutting," hilariously pinpointing her desperate need to refer to herself as the fourth Kardashian sister. "This was an easy target," says Ryan McGee at HitFix, but the show hit it splendidly. See for yourself:
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Idina Menzel-Taye Diggs split, and 5 other break-ups that hurt us more than it hurt them
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week