he video: How could they resist? Saturday Night Live mercilessly spoofed the week's biggest entertainment story — the announcement that reality TV star Kim Kardashian had filed for a quickie divorce from NBA player Kris Humphries after just 72 days of marriage. (Watch it below.) "Whoopsies, I got divorced," grins Kim, played by SNL cast member Nasim Pedrad, as she introduces a parody of E!'s wedding special, titled "Kim's Fairytale Divorce." The entire Kardashian clan gets roasted in the "laugh-out-loud funny" clip which skewers mom Kris Jenner's shameless camera-hogging, Humphries' questionable I.Q., stepdad Bruce Jenner's expressionless face, and Kim's affinity for dating athletes: "Things are looking up for me. I'm single, and there's an NBA lock-out."
The reaction: "We couldn't wait for Saturday Night Live to sink its teeth into Kim Kardashian's divorce," says The Wrap. Thankfully, "the show did not disappoint." While Pedrad's imitation of Kim was spot-on and amusing, says Aly Semigran at Entertainment Weekly, it was Kristen Wiig's performance as "momager" Kris Jenner that "was the most cutting," hilariously pinpointing her desperate need to refer to herself as the fourth Kardashian sister. "This was an easy target," says Ryan McGee at HitFix, but the show hit it splendidly. See for yourself:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week