hether you're a skier or have no experience on the slopes, these seven homes from Washington to North Carolina (pictured) offer that ski-lodge experience without the need to move a muscle. Recalling classic Swiss Alps chalets, they feature low-pitched roofs with wide eaves, small shuttered windows, and elaborately carved beams and balconies. For more information on any of these properties, contact the real estate agencies listed.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Is it possible to live forever?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week