Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: The unlikely duo of avante-garde rocker Lou Reed and heavy metal band Metallica have combined on a new album, which could signal a new era of strange musical pairings. We asked you to come up with another unlikely pairing of bands and/or solo artists, and the title of the resulting album.
THE WINNER: Björk Guðmundsdóttir and Nat King Cole: "Unpronounceable"
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
SECOND PLACE: Doris Day and Snoop Dogg: "How Much is That Dogg in the Window?"
Carol Boone, Indiana, PA
THIRD PLACE: Paul Simon and Nine Inch Nails: "50 Ways to Kill Your Mother"
Tamar Owens, Staten Island, NY
Susan Boyle and Eminem: "I Dreamed a F---ing Dream"
Barbara Bates, Catonsville, MD
Big Rich and Eddie Money: "We Are the 1%"
Brian McFadden, Lubbock, TX
Meatloaf and Korn: "Leftovers"
Jim Keenan, Norwalk, CT
Eydie Gorme & Mel Torme: "Gorme Torme"
Jeff Harkleroad, Lexington, KY
Michael Jackson and Carrot Top: "Better Dead than Red"
Pie Snelson, Silver Spring, MD
Justin Bieber and The Who: "Who's Your Daddy?"
Herman Waltzer, Alabaster, AL
Justin Bieber and Ozzy Osbourne: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"
Jim Cicero, Villa Park, IL
Lady Gaga and the Goo Goo Dolls: "Goo Goo Gaga"
Matt Williams, West Chester, OH
Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen: "Bon in the U.S.A."
Janine Witte, New Hope, PA
Bruce Springsteen and John Tesh: "Born to Snore"
Doc Froon, Shelton, WA
Jennifer Lopez and Axl Rose: "Buns 'n' Roses"
Verne Sitter, Vancouver, B.C.
Paul McCartney and Andrea Bocelli: "Wings and a Prayer"
Amy Torchinsky, Greensboro, NC
The Carpenters and Adam Ant: "Carpenter Ants"
Kenja Seuberling, Lebanon, OH
The Carpenters and Nine Inch Nails: "This Should Hold"
Patrick Leahy, Albany, OR
Barry Manilow and Axl Rose: "Welcome to the Jingle"
Dana Smith, Santa Fe, NM
The Rolling Stones and 50 Cent: "Let It Bleep"
Keith Hudson, Tucson, AZ
Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson: "Have You Seen Us in the Same Room?"
Rodney Clements, La Verne, CA
P. Diddy, B.B. King and Jay Z: "P. B. & Jay"
Sharon and David Levin, Edgewater, MD
Barbara Streisand and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch: "What Were We Thinking?"
Gary Hennion, New York, NY
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week