A horrifying shooting in Tucson, Ariz., in January left six people dead and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) fighting for her life. (See our full coverage of the Giffords shooting here.) In the wake of the tragedy, Washington's partisan rancor briefly stopped... but only briefly. Click through for more of the year's best political cartoons:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week