A horrifying shooting in Tucson, Ariz., in January left six people dead and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) fighting for her life. (See our full coverage of the Giffords shooting here.) In the wake of the tragedy, Washington's partisan rancor briefly stopped... but only briefly. Click through for more of the year's best political cartoons:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week